New Shot of Prevention Vlog: Questions About Vaccines: Should My 2-Month-Old Baby Get Vaccinated During the Pandemic?
Here’s my latest Vlog on Vaccinate Your Family’s Shot of Prevention!
Questions About Vaccines: Should My 2-Month-Old Baby Get Vaccinated During the Pandemic?
Update at 12:45pm ET
There are now 164 confirmed cases and 11 deaths from COVID-19. No new deaths as of yet today.
I will add updates as they come in so check back periodically.
Here are some valuable resources I have put together, which I will include in every update from here forward:
- QUICK FACTS AND INTERESTING TIDBITS ABOUT CORONAVIRUS 2019 AND COVID-19
- Johns Hopkins Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases Tracker
- Bloomberg’s Mapping the Coronavirus Outbreak Across the World
- Worldometer for current U.S. case and death count
- CDC Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) page
- WHO Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Outbreak page
Update as of 7:45 pm ET:
There are 118 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the US and there have been 9 deaths–all in Washington state. Five of the deaths are linked to the Kirkland nursing home.
Seattle has declared emergency to respond to the virus.
The number of cases is expected to rise in the coming days.
The FDA has announced that one million much-needed testing kits should be available by the end of the week.
CNN: Coronavirus outbreak spreads across the world – Live Updates
I have been getting many messages from worried friends about the novel coronavirus from Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China; therefore, I have decided to provide a detailed summary daily/biweekly. I will also include reputable news links for you.
This summary comes from the CDC’s Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Situation Summary.
CDC Report from 2/27/20
- Sick travelers have spread the virus person-to-person in the US to close contacts.
- One person with no reported travel history or exposure has before sick with the virus.
- At this time, the virus is NOT spreading in the US.
- It is likely person-to-person spread will occur in the US leading to large numbers of people needing medical care.
- There is no vaccine or medication to treat this virus at this time.
- There IS an immediate risk of the virus to Americans, but it is LOW at this time.
- NBC News: Where did the new coronavirus come from? Past outbreaks provide hints (2/28/20)
- U.S. News: WHO Raises Global Risk from Coronavirus to ‘Very High’ (2/28/20)
- New York Times: Most Coronavirus Cases Are Mild. That’s Good and Bad News (2/27/20)