Update as of 9 am ET
There have been over 1.7K deaths from COVID-19 in the U.S.
The U.S. House of Representatives approved the coronavirus relief bill. The president will next sign the $2 trillion bill to help aid Americans in this time of need.
The president also invoked the Defense Protection Act. General Motors is now required to produce ventilators for hospitals. Over the next 100 days, the U.S. should be able to acquire over 100K ventilators.
The FDA warns about taking aquarium-related chloroquine phosphate products, in an effort to treat COVID-19. These products are not interchangeable with FDA-approved drugs. These drugs are still being studied for effectiveness in treating COVID-19. Visit Latest COVID-19 Information From the FDA for more information on treatments and testing.
Apple, in partnership with the CDC, the White House Coronavirus Task Force, and FEMA, created and released a new App that helps people stay informed during the COVID-19 pandemic. It also has a disease screening questionnaire feature that will in-turn give you the proper procedure to take should you be sick. Find more information on the Apple Newsroom web page.
- QUICK FACTS AND INTERESTING TIDBITS ABOUT CORONAVIRUS 2019 AND COVID-19
- CHILDREN AND CORONAVIRUS: STATS AND FACTS AS OF 3/12/20
- Johns Hopkins’ Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases Tracker
- Bloomberg’s Mapping the Coronavirus Outbreak Across the World
- Worldometer for current U.S. case and death count
- CDC’s Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- WHO’s Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Outbreak page
- NBC’s Coronavirus in the U.S.: Map of where cases have been confirmed across the country
- CDC’s What to do if You are Sick
- CDC’s Symptoms and Testing
- What Is Coronavirus: The Absolute Facts Behind the Outbreak
- WHO’s Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Advice for the Public
- Latest COVID-19 Information From FDA
- OSHA’s COVID-19
- NIH’s Coronavirus Information
- The Vaccine Mom’s U.S. COVID-19 Updates